What are cookies?
A cookie is a file which includessmall amount of data that are downloaded and installed on a device while browsing a website. In subsequent views of the website, cookies are returned to the original website, or to other websites which recognize said cookie. Cookies are useful because they enable to store and retrieve information about the number of visitors, users' and devices' browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and the way users utilize the device, they may be also helpful to recognize users. More information about cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
What type of cookies use this page?
The website http://www.grifols.com/ (the "Website") uses the following type of cookies:
Based on the duration
- Session cookies – these cookies only exist during the users' session visiting the Website. They disappear from the device when users close down the browser or turn off the device. If users have chosen to identify themselvesto Grifols, S.A. (the "Company") through any enabled mechanisms, we will use session cookies containing encrypted information to differentiate them from other users.
- Persistent cookies – these cookies remain stored in users' device after closing down the browser or turning off the device. They are activated each time a user visits the website that created that cookie in particular. By visiting the Website, a unique identifier is assigned to the user, which is associated to a persistent cookie that will be downloaded on user's browser.
Based on the entity that installs the cookies
- Own cookies – the information gathered through these cookies is managed by the Company in order to provide the service requested by the user.
- b. Third-party cookies – the information obtained through these cookies is managed by Brightcove, Inc. and Google, Inc.
Depending on the purpose of the installation of these cookies
- Technical cookies – are those session and/or persistent cookies utilized by the Company and Brightcove, Inc. which enable the user to browse and use the different options and services offered on the Website, such as traffic control and data communication, session identification, information requests, video display, use of security elements while browsing or storage, disclosure or sharing of contents.
- Analytical cookies – are those session and/or persistent cookies utilized by Google, Inc. (for the service of Google Analytics) which allow to register the number of visitors and measure and make statistical analysis of the usage and users' activity, as well as create browsing profiles to introduce improvements in the Website.
As notified in the heading of the homepage, we assume that users accept the installation and utilization of the cookies mentioned in this section if they continue browsing through the Website. If users refuse to install said cookies or if they have the settings of accepting cookies deactivated, they consent that browsing through different sections of the Website may be limited. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, in no case the lack of installation of any cookie shall prevent from exercising before the Company any rights legally recognized.
How to disable or eliminate cookies?
Users may accept the installation of said cookies, as well as deactivate, block or delete these cookies at any time, using their browser settings:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Cookie settings in Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/95647?hl=en
- Cookie settings in Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1677
- Cookie settings in Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings
Cookies policy updates
The Company reserves the right to change this Cookies Policy in order to fulfil legislative requirements or in order to adapt it to the type of cookies used in this Website, requesting the users' informed consent where legally required.